Based in Sydney, Australia
December 14th 2017 (Windows)
December 14th 2017
Febuary 16th 2018
September 27th 2018
Coming soon 2018
Rumu is an intimate, narrative-driven single player adventure game where you play as a robot vacuum cleaner on it's journey in becoming a Sentient machine while under watchful eye of the house AI, Sabrina. You are RUMU - a robot designed to clean, and to love. You awake in a fully automated Smart Home created by your eccentric Human's David and Cecily where you discover your only companions are Sabrina, the house AI, the always watching guide, and the home’s dysfunctional cast of semi-intelligent devices, as well as Ada the cat. After curiosity draws you away from your standard home maintenance duties, you’ll be faced with challenging moral dilemmas forcing you beyond your programming to uncover the the dark secrets kept from you by Sabrina.
Robot House was founded to create original content games with heart. Rumu has been our "secret" project from day one, so we're thrilled to finally be sharing this story with you in our announce trailer.
- A heart wrenching narrative that takes you from basic robot vacuum cleaning duties to discovering the truth
- Performances from Allegra Clark (Dragon Age), Larissa Gallagher (Firewatch), Grant George (Fire Emblem Echoes)
- An engrossing original score by Matt Mclean (Orwell)
- A Smart Home littered with semi-intelligent devices to befriend
- Point and click puzzles to lead Rumu down forgotten paths
- A cozy isometric dollhouse environment
Logo & Icon
- "... It's a delight. Equal parts sweet and sad, the game has you rolling around the house as Rumu the robot vac, solving puzzles, interacting with other appliances and interfacing with the house's AI while you try to work out what happened to your owners."
- Claire Reilly, CNET
- "Taking inspiration from games like Firewatch and films like Ex Machina and Westworld, Rumu features an adorable little robot that could easily fit in Pixar's repertoire, a la Wall-E, but the story takes an arguably more serious bent as you discover the truth about RUMU's family."
- Johnny Lieu, Mashable
- "... it exceeded my already-high expectations."
- Tegan Jones, Kotaku Australia
Request Press Copy
We are afraid this developer has not upgraded their presskit() to use distribute(). For security purposes, this form has been disabled.
About Robot House
Robot House is a small Sydney-based team of developers. We set out to carve our own path in games and give players experiences they aren't expecting. From the ridiculous to the remarkable, quality and heart are the core of what we build.
More information on Robot House, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Senior Game Programmer
Contractors, Concept Art
Bang Zoom Studios
Contractors, Score and Sound Design
Contractor, 3D Artist
Contractor, Unity Lighter
Contractor, Unity Generalist